Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Days 48-51: 10.5 weeks until race

Today was a somewhat successful day.  I was able to run a few miles, but I also had to force myself to ignore my knee pain.  I thought about stopping after one mile and working out on the elliptical, but that would mean I've made no healing progress over the past few rest days.  I decided to just give it a go, especially since I haven't done in long run in over two weeks.  The run itself wasn't so bad--I'm just worried about what tomorrow will bring--hope I can walk in the morning!

Yesterday was a non-gym day, but I was busy cleaning the house, getting somewhat of a work out...

Day 49: I cut my run short after two miles because of knee discomfort, and oddly enough, couldn't wait to get on the stationary bike.  I think I just needed to do something even more mindless, and since I can text while I bike, it went by super fast.  Funny how perspective changes based on mood--I usually hate the gym stationary bikes!

Day 48: Happy Resurrection Day!  I was dying to go to the gym, thinking I could've chugged out seven miles (yeah right), but my husband "convinced" me it was a rest day.  Agreed (with little argument)!

Quote of the day: "Tomorrow is another day, and there will be another battle" -Sebastian Coe, Olympic runner

No comments:

Post a Comment