Saturday, May 26, 2012

Days 91-96: 4 weeks until race

Today is my friend's wedding, which is why I am in California.  Energetic about the big day, but obviously will have to wait to run tomorrow.  Lots to do!

Yesterday was a rest day.  Every time I had to get out of a chair after sitting for a while, I was reminded that I did a looong run yesterday.  My next run will have to wait a day or two :)

Day 94: I'll chose my words wisely, as not to write a novel.  This was one of my best runs yet for a few reasons:
#1 - My knee did not hurt that much (I wore a knee brace)
#2 - It was a long run that I was proud to complete!  7 miles!!
#3 - I ran to, around and back from Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley.  The weather was cool, the sun was barely poking through the clouds, and the park scenery was just what I needed :)
The beauty of this run was that I could've kept running.  I made myself stop at 7 miles because I didn't want to over do it.  I hope race day is just like this run!

Day 93: Rest day--as in laid out at the beach :)

Day 92: Ran five miles AT THE BEACH!  (Not on the sand since my official run won't be on sand.  Would've been good on my knee for a lower impact run.)
I am so excited to blog about this run because it was so long ago that I forgot about how miserable it was. The scenery and ocean breeze were unbeatable, but my knee was not having it.  I was tempted to walk the last mile but pushed through and glad I did!
Later that day, my friend text me to invite me to do a five mile run with her.  I was proud to tell her, "I already did my five mile run for the day!"

Day 91: Rest day after mini triathlon mock :)

Quote of the day: "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
http://www.brocawblazers.org/camp/running_quotes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment