Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 7: 117 days until race

After two nights of bad sleep, we woke up this morning and were obviously moving a little too slowly.  I had somewhere to be at noon, and before I knew it, I was at the gym calculating that I could barely fit in a thirty minute work out on the elliptical.  I used to love working out on the elliptical--back during my first few months of exercising.  It was easy on my knees and the closest second to the running motion.  The elliptical is also how I lost most of my weight in the beginning.  It's a great way to burn a lot of calories and still be able to move/function properly afterwards.  I remember the days when I could work out on an elliptical machine for an hour.  Those days are long gone...
Talk about boring!  That was worse than just getting on the darn treadmill, and it wasn't as rewarding because it was easier yet somehow more challenging at the same time!  Thankfully, Britney (Spears, in case you are wondering) was able to get me through it.  And yes, we are on a first name basis, mostly because I now listen to her daily on my ipod.  While I'll admit that she's not the most talented singer in the world, there's just something comforting about hearing the lyrics "fasten up your seatbelt, it's gon' be a bumpy ride" during a not-so-smooth workout ;)

Quote of the day: "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey" -Anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment