Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 2: 122 days until race

Today was my "active" rest day.  I decided to cross-train by doing the 30 minute circuit work out at my gym, Planet Fitness.  (On a side note, I love my gym!  I always thought gyms were nasty germ-infested places where people check each other out and try to compete...well, they are germ infested...but there's something different about Planet Fitness--the whole "judgment free zone" thing is awesome!  They sound an alarm when people annoyingly grunt or drop weights.  I'd go just to see that!)...Back to my work out.  The best thing about today's work out was that my training buddy, my beloved husband Nathan, decided we were done after the circuit because his knee was starting to hurt (plus, it was getting late and we were getting hungry for dinner).  On the way home, I told him we should switch off days we are "injured" so that every work out is cut short...I'll take MWF; you take T/Th.  Now that sounds like the key to a successful work out plan :)

Quote of the day: "This is what training is all about, slowly tricking your body into believing that it's a marathon runner" -Dawn Dais, The Non-Runner's Marathon Guide For Women, pg. 74

2 comments:

  1. HI Nicole, I just set up a blog of my own today called "American History Reader" as this idea has been a long time in the making. I like to read history and wanted to keep a record on Facebook or a Ning I belong to. The more I thought about it, a blog seemed like a better option. I was also curious if I was going to get any respondents.

    I decided to surf a little on Anchorage blogs and came across yours. It sounds like both our blog goals are pretty ambitious.
    Mike

    http://americanhistoryreader.blogspot.com/2012/02/purpose-of-this-blog-is-to-read.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike!
      I've been meaning to email you--I have a book of yours that you left (about puzzles and such). Let me know how I can get it to you!
      I'm surprised you came across my blog. You can probably tell I created it just a few days ago. Please follow me on my journey, and I will do likewise :)
      Nicole

      Delete