Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 3: 121 days until race

Surprisingly enough, I made it to the gym today to do a "short" three mile run.  I used to consider short the distance from my couch to the bed...oh, how times have changed.  Even more surprising is the fact that I think I would rather run than write about running at this point.  I'm almost at a loss for words, WHICH NEVER HAPPENS--honestly, I sometimes wish it would happen to me more.  Anyway, I did my mini-run, and my mind just kinda wandered...and wondered how I ran 4.5 miles two days ago--that must've been torture, so I'm glad I don't remember it! 
So my favor to my readers is to please bare with me on this journey, when I'm excited and when I'm not; when I have good news and when I don't.  Last night I was reading about the so-called "honeymoon phase," and my goal (besides torturing myself by running--hence the blog site) is to stay positive and enjoy the ride.  This may be the only time I endure this type of challenging commitment, although I hope to have the courage to do it again!  There I go, planning my next marathon before I run the first...wishful thinking!
I guess the good news for my readers for today is: if you don't run, wouldn't you consider the next best thing to read about running?  Wish I could burn calories for you--no really, I'm always starving! 

Quote of the day: "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment