Saturday, January 26, 2013

21 weeks until MARATHON!

Wow, it's been seven months since I last blogged (but only three days since I last ran).  The good news is I am still "running strong" with the whole running thing.  In fact, I am happy to also report that after the half marathon seven months ago, I've kept up my healthy-active lifestyle and decided to pursue a marathon, yes, 26.2 miles.  The beauty of it all is that it will be the same race as last year's half marathon (Mayor's Marathon in Anchorage in June).  I'm not sure how finishing a marathon will compare to finishing a half, but what an awesome feeling to double my distance and go for it!  I will be in the 0.5% of the US population that has run a marathon, God willing.

My other running update is that my husband caved and bought me a treadmill for Christmas!  Although I'm not using it as much as I should for walking (on non-running days), it is SUPER convenient to walk downstairs anytime I feel like a run, be it morning, noon or night.  I can eat and shower immediately after without having to "drive" home, and I can stare out the bedroom window and creep on the neighbors across the street (jk, kinda).  Either way, it was a great buy!

Along with running, life is good.  We're in our new condo (which we moved into after the half marathon seven months ago) with our half marathon pic hanging proudly :) Work/school is good, mostly because I can easily run off the stress from it all.  The next few months will be an interesting venture as I increase my mileage (to 20-26) miles while still teaching and going to school.  I will try to blog about it all!

Running shortly (9 miles today).  Will share my interesting running tales :)



No comments:

Post a Comment